Maternity leave is doing wonders! I keep surprising myself ?
You can get amazing mango this time of year so I highly recommend you get a bunch, chop them and freeze them! (Have you ever munched on frozen mango chunks? If not, you are missing out!)
Anyway here’s how to make this deliciously cool and refreshing breakfast!
For the Oats, combine the following:
1) 1/4 to 1/3 cup oats (I used Alara gluten-free oats from @biorganicstore)
2) Just enough liquid of your choice to cover the oats (I used Ecomil unsweetened almond milk) – the runnier you like your oats, the more liquid you should add
3) 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (I used @jjarhomemade)
Set the mixture in the fridge overnight or at least 30 mins
For the mango chia sorbet:
1) Up to 1 cup frozen mango chunks
2) Up to 2 tbsp liquid of choice to ease blending
2) 1 tsp chia seeds
Blend all ingredients together until combined and desired consistency is reached. It shouldn’t be very runny.
Now, layer oat and sorbet mixture and top with unsweetened shredded coconut. You’ll find yourself on a tropical island!
Note: I used 1/3 cup oats and 1 cup frozen mango and thought the portion was a little big so perhaps try cutting down to 1/4 cup oats and 1/3 cup frozen mango chunks… Unless you are really hungry!
Let us know if you make this! Enjoy x