I promise, you wont miss the cheese!!
Here is what you need (with small variations):
- 2 cups washed fresh basil ( I mixed 1 cup basil and 1 cup cilantro)
- 1/2 cup your choice of nuts; walnuts, pine nuts, pecans ( I mixed pine nuts and pistachios)
- 1 or 2 cloves fresh garlic (I personally use 2 … sometimes 3)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of delicious extra virgin olive oil ( I used 1/2 cup, makes it easier to mix with your food)
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Optional, I added some black pepper.
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender (works perfectly fine in both)
The recipe should yield about a cup of pesto. I suggest you double up the ingredients and freeze the remaining cup for future consumption 🙂
As for the zucchini pasta, I used a mini spiraliser, which can be stored anywhere in your kitchen drawer (unlike the massive spiraliser I have been seeing everywhere, which requires a kitchen on its own )
I spiralised 1 green and 1 yellow zucchini; added some cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and 1 Tbsp of pesto …. and that’s it.
Get creative with your raw salad, add your favorite veggies ( roasted eggplant should taste good with the mix, crushed almonds maybe?, asparagus? )
Here’s how my mini spiraliser looks like (you can find it at lulu’s supermarket)