I woke this morning craving something with pumpkin spice and the first thought that crossed my mind was pancake … sooooo I made pumpkin spice pancakes.
Here’s a question for you guys. Do you know anyone who dislikes pancakes? If you do, then ban them from your life because you don’t need that kind of negativity 😛
Ok, let’s get back to our pumpkin spice pancakes…
You will find below all the necessary details to make those pancakes; feel free to add more almond milk or spices. I love my pancakes fluffy and rich in flavour (I add cinnamon to the batter without even looking).
These pancakes are:
- High in protein
- High in fiber
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition – Gold Standard Vanilla whey protein powder. Bought mine from www.sporter.com
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon ( +/- … I usually add more because I LOVE CINNAMON)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice ( +/-)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (+/- depending on your preferred pancake consistency, I added 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp )
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine wet ingredients together
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients together
- Slowly add liquid mix to dry ingredients
- Let the mixture sit for 2min.
- Place a pan on cooking stove (temperature: medium heat )
- Add coconut oil to pan.
- Pour in batter. Once you see tiny bubbles appear on the top of the pancake flip.
- When each side is golden brown, the pancake is ready to be served
Feel free to top with maple syrup ( not a cascade of maple syrup ;p … 1 Tbsp should suffice ), crushed nuts ( I crushed 4 pecans) or your favourite nut butter (my pick would be almond butter). Don’t forget to sprinkle cinnamon!!!
Comment below if you have any suggestions or questions 🙂 we would love to hear back from you
Happy Saturday Fitnuts