I hope I am not boring you with pumpkin spice recipes, but this particular recipe is worth trying.
- 3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice (I ran out of pumpkin spice, so I mixed 2 tsp pumpkin spice, 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup crumbled walnut
- 1/4 cup crumbled pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries of goji berries (optional), I had none 🙁
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, pumpkin spice, nuts and pumpkin seeds (DO NOT add chia and hemp seeds)
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup and pumpkin puree
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is evenly coated
- Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, rotating once at the halfway mark to ensure even cooking (I forgot to rotate and they still came out crunchy)
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
The granola will crisp up and get even crunchier as it cools down. Only then you can add the chia,hemp seeds and dried cranberries or goji berries.
You can make a granola parfait and use coconut yogurt; just make sure it doesn’t have any added sugar. I personally try to avoid flavoured yogurts as they contain unnecessary sugars and nonsense “natural” flavours .
Enjoy the spices’ aromas while the granola is baking in the oven (I love that smell)
I hope you enjoy this recipe.