I woke up feeling a little under the weather the other day; all I wanted was a warm breakfast.
And while I aimed to make a warm bowl of oatmeal, I noticed some quinoa in the fridge.
*light bulb idea* Let me use quinoa instead!
So here’s how it went:
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa (I used black but feel free to use whatever you have available)
- 1 tablespoon silvered almonds
- 1 tsp honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 dried prunes (or 1/4 cup dried raisins)
1. Blend milk, banana, honey and cinnamon
2. Mix quinoa, milk mix and chopped prunes in a heated pan. Cook on medium heat
3. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, or until warm enough
4. Remove from pan and serve with a spoonful of silvered almonds or topping of your choice
That’s it! Easy peasy and oh so warm and fuzzy!
Let us know if you try this by leaving a comment below or hashtagging #fitnutuae on instagram with your creation.