Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice, right?!
Pumpkin spice is a favorite of mine any season. Its sweet, its warming and its delicious, not unlike those cake pops!!
Actually, a few days ago, while I was doing some “spring” cleaning in my kitchen, I found a cake pop machine which I had bought a little while back and NEVER used! (What?!?!) Needless to say, I decided to try it asap and the result was excellent. Not to mention it only took me 10 minutes from start to finish! Its so convenient I’m definitely going to be using this machine more often and bringing you more flavors.
I made two versions of these Pumpkin Spice Cake Pops;
- A high protein, grain-free version for myself and hubby
- An oat version for my one year old
Both versions tuned out fantastic. The whole family loved them, as well as a very picky friend of mine who tried the oat version.
I enjoyed them with my morning coffee but they are also great as a mid-morning, afternoon, or, pre- and post workout snack. Basically, they are great anytime!
Try them and let me know what you think in the comment box below!
This recipe is:
- Gluten free (option)
- Grain Free / Paleo (Option)
- Vegan (option)
- High protein (option)
- Dairy Free
- Refined Sugar Free
Recipe Inspired by: Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder of choice (I used plant based) or oats (use GF if needed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional: if you prefer sweeter pops, add 1-2 Tbsp Maple syrup (vegan option) or honey to the batter or drizzle a smaller amount on the baked cake pops
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place batter into cake pop machine.
- Bake for about 5 minutes. If using an oven, preheat to 180 and bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.