Peanut Butter goodness by the lovely @saraalsayeghh who is happily sharing her recipe with us today 😀 these are super moist, tasty and most importantly husband approved!
1) 2 ripe bananas
2) 4 medjool dates
3) 1 egg
4) 1/2 cup smooth sugar free peanut butter
5) 1/2 cup pecans crushed in food processor (for a nuttier cookie don’t leave it in the processor for too long, for a smoother cookie give it about 45 seconds)
6) 1/2 tsp gluten free bicarbonate of soda
7) 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1) Preheat oven to 177 degrees celsius
2) Add dates to food processor until they are finely chopped
3) Add bananas, egg, peanut butter and vanilla extract and process until smooth
4) Finally add your crushed pecans and bicarbonate of soda to the food processor and blend until combined
5) Now you have two options
a) because these cookies/mini cakes are über soft and melt in your mouth, using a rubber cookie/mini muffin mould to scoop your batter will ensure the cookies don’t fall apart when you attempt to peel them off a baking tray
b) otherwise, line a baking tray with parchment paper, using a medium spoon scoop the batter on to the parchment paper and leaving room for the cookies to spread
6) Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
Make sure you give them 10mins to cool before extracting them from the mould or tray!
Recipe yields 8 to 12 cookies / cakes depending on size, shape, and/or mold used.