I don’t know about you but I love challenges. Sometimes you find yourself in a fitness or health rut and all you need is a little challenge to up your game and keep you motivated.
With the new year approaching, health and fitness-related challenges are everywhere. And what better time to try something new! We’ve rounded up five challenges we have either joined in the past or would like to join:
- Tone it up (TIU)’s 3rd annual 6-week long Love Your Body Series which runs until valentine’s day. That’s 6 weeks of daily workouts, motivation, recipes, accountability and encouragement from the TIU Community. I personally love Tone it up. I had a few unhealthy years during university but these ladies helped me get back on track, and most importantly kept me motivated! Their workouts are accessible to all levels and they are fun. Sign up here to join the challenge for FREE.
- Simple Green Smoothie’s 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge. No you will not live on green smoothies for 30 days but you will include ONE delicious and different green smoothie in your diet every day. I promise you won’t get bored. That’s how I started my green smoothie journey two years ago, and I still can’t go too long without one.
- Kayla Itsine’s 12-Week Bikini Body Guide 1.0 and 2.0 Both Tracy and I, who have completely different training styles, enjoyed these. The workouts are truly challenging and will take your fitness to the next level
- Nikki Sharp’s 5-day Detox incase you need a quick jump start before returning to your regular routine come the beginning of the new year. I haven’t tried it myself but Tracy t highly recommends it.
- If you are in Abu Dhabi, Haddins’ Gym is offering two challenges this New Year:
- Haddin’s Community Triathlon Program. Want to participate in a thriathlon but don’t know where to start? Well this may well be your answer. The program is suitable for all levels and starts on January 4. It aims to prepare for TRI YAS on February 20. Places are limited so contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- Primal XVII, a 28-day fitness and nutrition program wih the sole aim to transform your body. The challenge begins January 18, 2015 (there’s money to be won too!). I haven’t tried either but I’ve heard great things about Haddins and their programs. Here’s a review from The National Newspaper on the Primal Challenge
For more information, visit their facebook page, where you’ll also find transformation pictures from previous primal challenges.
Will you try any? Do you know/recommend any other challenges or programs?
Happy and Healthy New Year to you all!