This is my first attempt at baking cinnamon swirl cake (you can tell by the poor “swirling” job I did) 😛 .
My obsession with sponge cakes and cinnamon is getting out of control – I can’t seem to test and try other recipes. It has to include cinnamon!!
Disregard my lack of artistic skills with the swirling and enjoy the cake!
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE –
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
INGREDIENTS FOR CINNAMON SWIRL –
- 2 Tbsps pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Set oven to approximately 177 C
- In a bowl, combine eggs, 1/4 cup maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla and coconut milk. Whisk well
- In a another larger bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Grease a 8×8 glass square baking pan with a bit of coconut oil.
- Pour in the batter.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to stir together the 2 Tbsps maple syrup, coconut oil and cinnamon for the topping.
- Drizzle this mixture over the top of the batter and use a butter knife to swirl (try to do a better job than mine )
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.