Woke up in a “baking mood” this morning and randomly decided to turn my pancake recipe into mini whey protein cakes that are high in protein and fiber.
1) 1 medium banana (approx 110g) – mashed
2) 4 egg whites
3) 1 serving of your favorite whey protein powder. I used @optimumnutrition Mocha Cappuccino whey protein (my recent obsession)
4) 1 Tbsp nut butter (I chose almond butter)
5) 2 Tbsp coconut flour (I used @bobsredmill)
6) 1 tsp cinnamon powder
7) 1 tsp baking powder
1) Pre-heat oven to 200°C
2)Combine ingredients together
3) Lightly grease mini bread loaf pan with coconut oil
4) Pour mixture into the mini bread loaf pan
5) Bake for 20/22 min
The recipe will yield 2 mini cakes.
Also note, texture is of the “fake” pancake should be a bit soft.
1 mini cake contains approx 16g carbs; 6g fat; 21g protein; 5g fiber
Have a go and let us know what you think!